Vegan Faux Gras Pâté
- 1/2 small onion peeled and chopped.⠀
- 1 stick celery sliced⠀
- 1 small carrot thinly sliced⠀
- 2 tbsp olive oil⠀
- 2 cloves of garlic peeled and chopped⠀
- 250 g Paris or button mushrooms chopped⠀
- 1 tbsp soy sauce ⠀
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar⠀
- Splash of booze of choice optional⠀
- 400 g cooked lentils drained if tinned⠀
- 150 g mixed hazelnuts and walnuts⠀
- 4 tsp mixed herbs ⠀
- 1 tbsp Extra fresh chopped parsley to finish⠀
- Salt and black pepper⠀
- Saute onion, carrot, celery in the olive oil til soft.
- Add garlic and mushrooms.
- Cook for a further minute.
- Tip ALL the ingredients (except for parsley) into a food processor and process until smooth.
- Add a handful of chopped parsley at the end and process again for 30 seconds.
- Spoon into clean serving jars and pop in the fridge for a couple of hours.
- Finish the top with a little melted vegan spread if you wish, and a few herbs to make it look pretty for serving.
- Spread on toasted baguette or crackers with your favourite greens and pickles. **see note for my Quick Pickles recipe!