BUFFALO BBQ CAULIFLOWER BITES
- 1 large cauliflower pulled into florets
- 75 g or 70g plain all purpose flour
- 120 ml 120 ml water
- 1 teaspoon paprika - smoked is best
- 1 tsp each of garlic and onion powders if you have them. A little minced garlic will work too.
- 1 tsp dried oregano or other herbs if you prefer
- 1 tsp good strong mustard
- Sea salt and black pepper.. a couple of grinds of each
- I like a little ground cumin but that’s upto you
- 75 g cornflakes
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp opinion powder optional
- 1 tsp garlic granules
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees for fan assisted or 180 degrees
- Line a baking tray with baking parchment or a baking liner. Spray or brush lightly and evenly with oil.
THE BATTER STEP
- Mix your batter ingredients - the flour, water and spices. Add cauliflower to the mix and work it in with your hands. Lift out the florets and shake off excess batter.
THE CRUNCH STEP
- Smash the cornflakes to a crumb in a food bag with a rolling pin or process quickly in a food processor
- Mix the cornflakes with the other crunch coating ingredients
- Take the cauliflower florets that have been battered and the excess shaken off, toss in the crumb
- Place on the tray and spray with oil. Bake for around 20 mins.
- If you want to go the extra mile, drizzle on some sticky BBQ sauce and pop back in for 5 mins.
- Serve with more BBQ, a creamy blue cheese sauce or make a cooling dip with yoghurt lemon, paprika and chives.
*** Shop bought good quality BBQ sauce is absolutely fine if you want to brush over the cauliflower bites before popping back in the oven.