Fluffy Oat Pancakes
- 100 g Plain flour
- 25 g Rolled oats
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Ground ginger if you like ginger!
- A Splash of decent vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- 150 ml Water
- 100 ml Plant-based milk
- 50 g Hemp or hemp chia mix powder
- A handful of bluerries to throw in the batter
- light oil or oil spray for cooking
- Fresh pineapple and blueberries
- coconut yoghurt
- Whisk together all ingredients up to a hand ful of blueberries.
- Let it rest for about a half hour. This allows the oats to plump up and soften, and the hemp to swell. The mix will also thicken and be nice and fluffy once on the plate!
- I throw in a couple of handfuls of blueberries right at the final stir phase before cooking.
- Heat a frying pan or heavy skillet with a small amount of oil... distribute it evenly with a little kitchen paper so the pancakes don’t ‘fry’. We’re not making beignets here!
- I used a soup spoon... and measure 2 spoons per pancake.
- The mix makes 12 - 15 6cm little pancakes. Make them bigger if you like. Make them perfect if you like. Above all make sure they go in the larger face space for optimum results ?
- Serve with more berries, yoghurt of choice and in this case a syrupy pineapple compote.