CRISPY TOFU IN ORANGE PEANUT SAUCE
- 400 g firm tofu cubed
- 3 tablespoons cornflour and plain flour mix - seasoned
- Light oil for roasting or shallow fry
- 1 head broccoli cut into small florets
- 2 medium carrots cut into thin strips
- 1 red or green pepper cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced ginger
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 2 tbsp soy sauce OR tamari for GF
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or agave
- 2 teaspoon cornflour
- 250 ml vegetable stock
- Pinch of chilli flakes - to taste
Tofu and Veggies
- Toss tofu in the seasoned flour mix
- Light shallow fry for a few minutes til golden.
- Alt : spray floured tofu with oil and bake 180 deg C for 20 mins
- Sauté vegetables til coloured and slightly softened but still with ‘bite’.
- Place sauce ingredients in a bowl and whisk.
- Add to the pan and heat though for 5 mins stirring til glossy and thickened and the cornflour has ‘cooked out’.
- Check it for starchy taste and feel on tongue.
- Add the tofu to the sauce and heat through
- Add the tofu and vegetables to the sauce and warm through
- Service with rice or noddles of your choice