Vegan Brunch Pancakes with Raspberry Chia Compote
- 150 g All purpose / plain flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Apple cider vinegar
- Pinch Sea salt
- 200 ml Milk / plant based milk
- A little oil to brush around the pan
Chia Raspberry Compote
- 250 g Frozen raspberries - defrosted
- 1 tbsp Chia seeds
- 1 tbsp Agave nectar
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 50 g Dark chocolate broken into chunks
- 100 ml Coconut milk or other plantb ased milk
- Fresh fruit.. we use blueberries or what ever is good and in season.
- Whisk the vinegar into the soya milk and leave for 5 minutes
- Then whisk the wet into tje dry ingredients
- the lot and leave for a few minutes to allow the vinegar soda science to happen. Dollop tablespoons into a non stick pan on medium heat. Once the bubbles begin to show... you can flip it.
- Chia Raspberry Compote
- Mix together the ingredients and leave in a cool place for an hour whilst the chia seeds absorb the raspberry juice.
- Melt the chocolate with the plant milk over a low heat in a small saucepan, or Bain Marie (bowl over simmering water)
- Layer up the pancakes with the compote and berries and drizzle with chocolate sauce, more fruit and compote