BEST EVER LENTIL VEGETABLE WELLINGTON
- 2 jam jars cooked lentils or beans (jam jar or coffee mug) I used mung beans. 1 quantity dried lentils = 2 quantities cooked.
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, finely chopped
- 1 - 2 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 jam jar of rolled oats
- 2 tsp mixed herbs
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp tomato puree optional
- additional herbs or spices to taste
- 1 tbsp vegan worstershire if you have it.. if not then mushroom ketchup is similar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- salt and pepper to season
- 1 sheet puff pastry, ready made
- 1 tbsp soy milk to brush on the pastry
- Preheat the oven to 200deg C
- Finely chop the carrot and fry in a little oil for 2 minutes.
- Finely chop the onion and garlic and add to the carrot to continue cooking for about 5 minutes.
- Add the lentils, the vegetables, spices and sauces to a food processor with the oats. Pulse for a few seconds just to mince the ingredients further and bring everything together. Don't process to far or you will end up with a rather unpleasant textureless mixture.
- Place the mixture into the middle of the puff pastry and shape into a sausage.
- Cut stripes down either side of the pastry and fold over alternating so it makes a plait across the top.
- Brush with a little soy milk and bake at 200deg C for around 50 minutes in the middle of the oven.