BEST EASY PLANT BASED CHILLI
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion
- 2 carrots
- Clove garlic
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tsp smoked hot paprika
- 1 tbsp (heaped) cocoa
- 1 good veggie stock cube
- 1 cup or mug full red lentils
- 1 x 400g tin red kidney beans
- 1 red or green pepper
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 x 400 ml carton passata
- 500 ml water
- Salt and pepper to season
- Turmeric rice and coconut yoghurt to serve
- Finely chop your onion and carrot, add this to saucepan with a little vegetable and fry for about 5 minutes with the lid on until softened. This is called 'sweating' the vegetables so they cook gently until a little transparent. This allows the natural sweetness from the starches in the vegetables to intensify and for the fibres to 'break down' slightly.
- Finely chop or grate your garlic and add that to the vegetables, cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the lentils cumin, sweet paprika, smoked hot paprika and cocoa and stir through. Allow that to cook to lightly toast for about a minute, stirring occasionally so it doesn't burn.
- Chop the green pepper and add that to the pan, with the tomato puree, crumbled stock cube, drained kidney beans and water. Let this cook through for 10 minutes
- Add the tomato puree and passata and let that simmer on a low heat with a lid on for around 15 minutes until the chilli has thickened and the lentils are soft.
- Check for seasoning, add a little salt if you think it needs it, and some freshly ground black pepper or a pinch of ground black pepper.
- Serve with rice, quinoa or a baked potato
@alycjcooks Veggie chilli recipe from the 80s! Kinda . 1 tbsp vegetable oil 1 onion 2 carrots Clove garlic 2 tsp cumin 1 tsp sweet paprika 1 tsp smoked hot paprika 1 heaped tbsp cocoa 1 good stock cube 1 cup or mug full red lentils 1 tbsp tomato purée 1 x 400 ml carton passata About 500 ml water Salt and pepper to season Turmeric rice and coconut yoghurt to serve . #vegan #plantbased #plabtbasedrecipes #plantbasedchef #veganchef #recipesoftiktok #plantbasedtiktok #plantbasedmeals #alycjcooks #cookingclass #cookingclub #studentfood #studentdinners #familydinner #easyveganrecipes #budgetfood #budgetrecipe #budgetveganfood ♬ Autumn Comes - David Gramberg & Mary Lou